Mon-Thurs: 8am-7pm | Fri: 8am-4:30pm
Guelph Laser & Pain Therapy - Guelph Rehab Centre
Cold, Low Level Laser light reduces swelling caused by inflammation or bruising to provide improved joint mobility. Effectively relieved pain by stimulating deep tissue regeneration. Side effect free and non-toxic, results from cold, low level laser treatments are often immediate. The laser unit is a hand-held device that is applied to various parts of the body specific to your condition or injury. Sessions usually do not last longer than 20 minutes and the most you would feel is a temporary mild vibration and warming sensation on the area treated.
COLD LOW LEVEL LASER BENEFITS:
• Increased Cellular Growth: Laser photons assists with accelerating cell reproduction and growth.
• Increased Metabolic Activity: The light photons helps initiate a higher enzyme output, more oxygen and nourishment for blood cells. This allows for a greater production of the basic food source for cells, ATP (Adenosine Tri-Phosphate)
• Faster Wound Healing: Cold laser photons stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue
• Anti-Inflammatory Action: Laser photons decrease swelling as a result of bruising or inflammation in muscle tissue and joints therefore increasing joint flexibility..
• Increased Vascular Activity: Induces vasodilation during application which increases blood flow to affected areas.
• Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Reduces scar tissue following tissue damage from: cuts, scratches, burns or post surgery as well as intramuscular tearing.
• Stimulated Nerve Function: Laser photon exposure accelerates the process of nerve cell synapse in certain areas of the body.
• Pain Reduction: The laser decreases spasm and inflammation thus reducing pain.