Guelph Rehab Centre offers specific treatment for people injured at work. We are registered with WSIB to provide their Programs-of-Care (POC). A worker can be off work or remain working while receiving treatment within these programs. Treatment must be approved by the WSIB before commencing, and all fees are covered by the WSIB. Guelph Rehab Centre invoices WSIB directly. Our goal is to assist with recovery and ensure a worker can return to work, or remain working, safely and productively.
Programs are typically 8 weeks long, with two 4-week blocks.
We offer complete rehabilitation services for the following programs:
- Musculoskeletal Program (MSK POC). This program is for injuries of muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia, and/or, fractures.
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Program (mTBI POC). This program is for mild injuries sustained to the head and brain, including concussions, up to 3 months following the day you were injured.
Treatments within these programs may include a combination of the following:
- Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy
- Education and self-management strategies
- Exercise therapy
- Modalities (cold low-level laser therapy, ultrasound, shockwave, etc.).
We also offer guidance before and during the program to ensure a smooth and seamless transition to work. Should you have any questions about these programs, please contact us directly and we would be happy to discuss it with you.