Accelerate the healing process in your body with shockwave treatments at our Guelph shockwave therapy clinic by stimulating the metabolism and enhancing blood circulation to regenerate damaged tissue. Strong energy pulses are applied to the inflicted areas. Occuring for short periods of time and creating micro-cavitation bubbles that expand and burst.
WHAT IS SHOCKWAVE THERAPY?
Shockwave ESWT (Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy) is a non-invasive, safe and innovative treatment involving short length, high frequency bursts of high-energy that are transmitted into the inflicted tissues travelling faster than the speed of sound.
This energy is applied directly to the site of injury in order to:
- Decrease pain
- Increase local blood flow
- Break down scar tissue and adhesions
- Stimulate the body’s natural healing response.
- Create an optimal environment for cellular repair and tissue healing
- Shockwave Therapy is a safe and effective treatment of plantar fasciitis. (The National Centre for Biotechnology Information 2013)
- Shockwave Therapy provides 90% improvement for Plantar Fasciitis (Journal of Orthopedic Research 2005)
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM SHOCKWAVE THERAPY?
After an assessment, our Guelph rehab team will determine if you meet the requirements for shockwave. In most cases 3-5 treatments of shockwave scheduled one week apart. You may require additional sessions if your health provider needs more one-on-one time with you to work out any joint or soft tissue restrictions and/or to progress your movement training exercises. Most people will notice the benefits of shockwave therapy right away (even right after the first session).
- Heel spurs
- Tennis elbow
- Golfers elbow
- Jumpers knee
- Plantar Fascitis
- Calcific tendonitis
- ITB friction syndrome
- Rotator cuff tendonopathies (i.e. “Frozen shoulder”)
We don’t charge extra for shockwave. It is included with your regular treatment fee. Which means our therapists will always apply the treatment that will provide you with the best results without additional fees. All of our Physiotherapists, Massage Therapists and Chiropractors are trained in shockwave therapy to ensure you receive everything you need, no matter who you see at Guelph Rehab Centre.