Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - Guelph Rehab
Physical Medicine involves treating disease and injury with a focus on manipulation, heat, radiation and other physical means instead of medication or surgery.
Physical Medicine and Medical Rehabilitation in Guelph, Ontario
A physiatrist is a trained MD who specializes in Physical Medicine and knows how the body's systems work together.
Physical medicine is critical for the medical rehabilitation of nerve conditions, chronic migraines, trauma, brain injuries and acute or chronic conditions resulting from work accidents and motor vehicle accidents.
At Guelph Rehab, we can also assess and design treatment plans for musculoskeletal disorders, sports medicine injuries, post-stroke spasticity and spinal cord injuries.
Physical Medicine takes into account different aspects of healing and medical rehabilitation. We have found this multidisciplinary and cutting edge approach successful.
At Guelph Rehab, we gain an overall view of a patient's condition, including blood pressure, heart condition, bone density, muscle pain and flexibility to create the best course of action.
Our physiatrists can also recommend treatment changes based on feedback from an MD or physiotherapist.
Physical Medicine Services offered at Guelph Rehab Centre include the following:
EMG and Nerve Conduction
- Electrodiagnostics and neuromuscular prognosis, recovery, and treatment
- Nerve Entrapments, Traumatic Neuropathies, Radiculopathies, Polyneuropathies, and
- Neuromuscular disorders
Musculoskeletal Disorders & Sports Medicine Injuries
- Upper/Lower Extremity, Back, Neck
- Osteoarthritis, Soft tissue disorders (Bursa, Tendon, Muscle, Ligaments)
- Special interest in Soccer associated injuries
- Pain/therapeutic management of Osteoarthritis, Tendonopathies, and soft tissue pathology
- Steroid, Prolotherapy, PRP, Dry Needing, Viscosupplementation-Hyaluronic Acid
Botulinum Toxin Injections
- Spasticity in Post Stroke, Acquired Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic Migraines
Accepting Referrals For:
- Electrodiagnostic: EMG and Nerve Conduction Studies
- Musculoskeletal Disorders and Sports Medicine Injuries
- Spasticity and Chronic Migraine Management
- Motor Vehicle & Work Accidents: Residual Injuries, including Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Severe Disability with Chronic Impairments: Polytrauma, Stroke, Brain Injury, Cerebral Palsy, MVA, Cancer, other Chronic Neuromuscular and Musculoskeletal Disorders
If you need help with alleviating any of these conditions, please contact us today.
For Dr. Sarco's office, please call (519) 830-9750